Saturday, July 24, 2010

August fishing with Blaine www.fishingct.com




Blaine wrote a reference for us for one of out new guests this year. It is a great reference - Blaine is a professional guide and not only catches some incredible trophies every year, but he takes some of the best fish pictures that you could possibly hope for. You should check out his site for some great pictures. Here is his email:

Bob, I have nothing but good things to say about Lee and Gods Lake Lodge. I am returning for my 4th straight year on the 14th-22nd this August. I am a full time guide here in Connecticut. The demands on a guide are great, so can really appreciate just what Lee does for his guests. He is VERY good at what he does. I spend the great majority of my time in salt water but the beginning and end of my season is all about pike on the CT River. As good as we do around here for pike, it’s nothing compared to Gods Lake. I go mainly for the pike as well, but also spend some time on the walleye, lakers, and brookies. The sheer numbers of fish there are amazing. Over the last couple of seasons, I am concentrating more on trophy sized fish than numbers. I fish hard and long and have gotten to know the place fairly well. It is not unreasonable to expect a dozen fish between 33 and 40 inches every day and 3 to 4 fish from 40 to 45 inches. Of course, there will be tons of smaller fish in the mix that you’ll need to weed through, but the big fish are there. It is nothing to see 100 pike in a day…. The lakers are fun as well. That is a completely different kind of fishing than I’m used to, but I’m getting better at it. We fish anywhere from 50 to 100 feet of water. I do a little jigging and trolling. I’ve seen fish well over 20 pounds so far. Jigging is fun, we use a variety of 3-4oz jigs, usually tipped with smelt. The last couple of seasons, I have done quite a bit of trolling and have seen some nice fish. I’m bringing some new stuff to try this year and have high hopes

One of the things I like about going the time of year that I do is that business is winding down at the lodge. We are usually the last group there. I really enjoy fishing in solitude. I have fished for days without seeing another boat or person. Lee is a fantastic guy to be around. He is extremely personable and is a lot of fun to hang with, I am really looking forward to seeing him again!

I hope this helps some. Feel free to reply if you have any further questions. If you decide to go with Lee, it looks like our trips will overlap so I’m sure we’ll see you at some point.

I have a bunch of photos and some video on my web site from previous trips to the lodge. Take a look if you have some time: http://www.fishingct.com/
Thanks
Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment